Friday, December 15, 2006

In giving we receive!

eknath easwaran

“For it is in giving that we receive.” We often act as if we believe it is in grabbing that we receive. If we don’t take what we want, we are afraid we won’t receive anything at all. Saint Francis is telling us just the opposite: the more we give, the more we receive. Even in my own small life, I find every day that the more I give, the more I have to give on the following day. The more I give on the following day, the more I have to give that evening. So keep on giving – your time, your energy, your talent, your resources. Everything is a trust given to you to be used for the benefit of others. And you will find that the more you give, the more energy and understanding you will have, and the more love you will have for giving even more. This is the very best way to increase your capacity to help and to serve.

By Eknath Easwaran

No comments: